Signs You Need Water Line Pipe Repairs In Denver, CO; Old House Plumbing & More
There are many signs that can indicate you need water line pipe repairs. One of the most obvious is a leak in your pipes or an unexplained spike in your water bill. If you find yourself with one, or more, of these signs then it might be time to call for help!
Importance Of Plumbing Pipe Maintenance
The type of pipes you have in your house will influence how long they survive. Pipes made out of plastic are cheaper but less durable than metal and will need to be replaced regularly. To get the longest life possible from your pipes it is important that you have them maintained by a professional plumber at least once per year.
– Plastic water lines should be flushed about twice a month with hydrogen peroxide or vinegar
– Metal water lines should be flush every six months with baking soda mixed in hot water (or another solution for clogs)
– A slow drip on any type of pipe can indicate an upcoming breakage so call for help!
One sign that there may not just be one problem causing issues is when you notice wet spots appearing outside under exterior walls near the foundation – this could mean something’s wrong.
Signs Of Broken Or Leaking Water Line Pipes
If there’s one thing for certain, it’s that pipes break from time to time and sometimes leak due to wear and tear. This is why we recommend an annual inspection at least! You can also call us for assistance if any of these signs are present.
- Slow or stopped water flow.
- Low pressure or no water at all.
- The rising water level in the basement near the foundation; means that you have a leak and need to get it fixed quickly.
- The first sign of leaking pipe is usually standing water under your home’s exterior walls. This could be caused by broken pipes, clogged drains, or even just regular wear and tear on your system that needs repair. A slow drip from any type can also indicate an upcoming breakage so call for help!
- Soap scum on the shower walls, tiles, or even in your bathtub is a sign that you need water line pipe repairs.
- Very high bill despite not using more than usual (if this just suddenly happened, then most likely you have broken pipes)
- Frequent backups/overflows into your home.
- If you notice stains on the walls of your home, it’s time to have your plumbing checked out. The stains may be from a leak or even mold. Mold is a toxic substance that can cause some health issues over time so, it’s important to get water leaks fixed right away!
If you would like more information about signs of pipe leakage, call us today! In case you need any assistance with your plumbing problems in Denver, CO then Drain Pros Plumbing Denver is here for you 24/365 and are happy to help!