Do Water Softeners Work In Denver, CO
Here is everything you need to know regarding what hard water is and how to turn it into soft water using water softeners. Drain Pros Plumbing Denver is a family-owned enterprise serving Denver, CO, for a long time and is known as one of the best Denver CO Plumbing Repair companies.
Water, known as one of the necessities of life, is an integral part of your home as well. Apart from drinking purposes, it plays the most significant role in keeping everything at your house clean. But little as we know, water itself can become a significant source of damage to our homes. It can damage your pipes, any surface it comes in contact with, and your skin as well. The main reason for all this can be due to hard water.
We’ll Keep Your Water Softener In Good Shape With Maintenance And Repairs
The softening of water occurs through a simple ion method called ion exchanges, which replaces calcium and magnesium in water. Here are the necessary steps of the entire process:
- The water (hard water) goes through a tank known as the “mineral tank” and moves through resin beads charged with ions of sodium
- The sodium ions charged negatively attract the positively charged ions of magnesium and calcium
- The positive ions of magnesium and calcium are replaced, and sodium is released instead
- Soft water is now available to move freely in your home
Water Softeners vs. Water Conditioners
We often get questions from homeowners about the difference between a water softener and a water conditioner. A water conditioner is merely any system that changes the structure of the water in your home. That refers to the fact that it has an addition or subtraction of minerals. Water softener, on the other hand, is a kind of water conditioner that fights hard water.
There are numerous benefits of owning a water softener. It can reduce your chances of having skin allergies to start with. It also makes cleaning of various surfaces incredibly easy, especially in Denver, where hard water is standard. Some of the other significant benefits are:
- Clothes after being washed will look new
- Surfaces cleaned with soft water will be shiny such as the toilet or dishes.
- Your skin will be radiant and will glow
- Household items such as washing machine, or a dishwasher will be more efficient
- It will also prevent various buildups in your hair
If you think it’s time to install a water softener in your home, contact Drain Pros Plumbing Denver now at Denver, and we will provide you with a free estimate for your water softener installation. We are known as one of the best Denver CO Plumbing Repair companies.